Look: I am eager to learn stuff I don't know--which requires actively courting and posting smart disagreement.

But as you will understand, I don't like to post things that mischaracterize and are aimed to mislead.

-- Brad Delong

Copyright Notice

Everything that appears on this blog is the copyrighted property of somebody. Often, but not always, that somebody is me. For things that are not mine, I either have obtained permission, or claim fair use. Feel free to quote me, but attribute, please. My photos and poetry are dear to my heart, and may not be used without permission. Ditto, my other intellectual property, such as charts and graphs. I'm probably willing to share. Let's talk. Violators will be damned for all eternity to the circle of hell populated by Rosanne Barr, Mrs Miller [look her up], and trombonists who are unable play in tune. You cannot possibly imagine the agony. If you have a question, email me: jazzbumpa@gmail.com. I'll answer when I feel like it. Cheers!

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Six Word Saturday - Last October Entries

For Hollowe'en, six macabre love stories.

#1 Ghoul friend has skeletons in closet.

#2 Beautiful ghost's moans still haunt me.

#3 Vampire girl left me feeling drained.

#4 Werewolf girl friend left tooth marks

#5 Cheated on Witch.  Now I croak.

#6 Innocent maiden, insouciant roué: blood spills.





And now, at no extra charge:

Six word summaries of October Sonnets:

October 7th - IN PRAYER SHE CONTEMPLATES
Knight, Dragon, Princess: She gets pierced.

On Wednesday, October 14th - CELEBATE FATE
Moon, murder, maiden: She gets nothing.

On Wednesday, October 21st - PASSIONATE PRETENSE
Sunset visitor arrives: She gets pierced. 

Wednedsay, October 28th - THY PALLID LOVELINESS
Warm breath condenses on cold flesh.


Extra bonus, one more from September.
Wednesday, September 30th - FIFTH DAY DOWN
Antibiotic or alcohol: chose only one.
                              - or -
Needle nurse arrives: he gets pierced.

9 comments:

ellie said...

#5 on your Halloween list is priceless! I love it!

Dr.John said...

You need a new ghoul friend
and
Beautiful ghosts are all just image
and
Blood bank can help with that
and
Sloppy love making often does that
and
A princess will kiss your frog
and
Don't you just always hate that
and
This is where line is drawn

Jane said...

Thanks for so many great words this morning! Happy Halloween ;)

Bridgette said...

#5 is my favorite too! Happy Halloween!

Jazzbumpa said...

My thanks to all of you.

Five is OK. I prefer One.

DR J:
Won't work. Ghouls are all alike.
and
I expect that from a specter.
and
Good advice. I'll make a withdrawal.
and
True, but these aren't love bites.
and
They are put off by warts.
and
Could be worse. She might live.
and
So - You need a sandy place.

Cheers!
JzB

J said...

Werewolf girl friend left tooth marks.

She tooth marked the wrong place.


: |

Call Me Cate said...

Wow, you weren't kidding when you said you were inspired this week! You've set the bar high - what will next week bring?

Thanks for playing 6WS!

Jazzbumpa said...

Cate -

Next week the bar falls hard.

Great expectations rideth before the fall.

Cheers!
JzB

Jazzbumpa said...

J -

But she has such fine canines.

Cheers!