Look: I am eager to learn stuff I don't know--which requires actively courting and posting smart disagreement.

But as you will understand, I don't like to post things that mischaracterize and are aimed to mislead.

-- Brad Delong

Copyright Notice

Everything that appears on this blog is the copyrighted property of somebody. Often, but not always, that somebody is me. For things that are not mine, I either have obtained permission, or claim fair use. Feel free to quote me, but attribute, please. My photos and poetry are dear to my heart, and may not be used without permission. Ditto, my other intellectual property, such as charts and graphs. I'm probably willing to share. Let's talk. Violators will be damned for all eternity to the circle of hell populated by Rosanne Barr, Mrs Miller [look her up], and trombonists who are unable play in tune. You cannot possibly imagine the agony. If you have a question, email me: jazzbumpa@gmail.com. I'll answer when I feel like it. Cheers!

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Shadow Shot Sunday



The breakwater at Lexington, MI.

Update:
In comments, Magical Mystical Teacher offers this haiku:

On the breakwater
shadows thrust like railroad tracks
across a prairie.


Update 2:

Horizontal lines
Draw close, seek to converge at
Infinite distance

- JzB







Shadow Shot Sunday concept by Hey Harriet.

Hat Tip to Pixels at an Exhibition

Haikus copyright their respective authors.  All rights reserved.

7 comments:

Sylvia K said...

What a great shadow shot! Guess we'd better make use of all the sun we can. Think we may have to look a little harder for shadow shots before long!

Have a great week!

Sylvia

Catherine said...

great linear shadow shot..really effective..

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

On the breakwater
shadows thrust like railroad tracks
across a prairie.

My Shadow Shot

Jazzbumpa said...

Hi, all - and thanks.

Funny thing is, I wasn't even thinking about the Shadow Shot possibility as I took it. Just wanted a long view down the walkway. Somehow, that makes me appreciate it a little more.

Feel free to leave links here, like Mystic did.

I've posted a few other Lexington shots in the last few days. Charming little town.

Sometimes we'll have a cloudy day here in MI, and the sun will come out just in time to set. That should offer some interesting opportunities.

It was sunny today, and I got a few shots this frosty morning.

Mystic -
Haiku to you too.

Nicely done. That's a WOW! Now, why didn't I think of it?

A fine haiku gift
From a virtual stranger
Who is now a friend.

Cheers!
JzB

Hey Harriet said...

This is a lovely shadow shot! Thanks so much for joining in Shadow Shot Sunday. It's great to have you playing along :)

Crafty Green Poet said...

lovely shadows, it looks like a nice place to walk.

Unknown said...

Good Michigan morning, JzB! Thanks for your comment on my SS and for sharing your link. Beautiful SS at Lexington! Glad you joined Tracy's fun project--it makes one look at life's little details much closer at times. Blessings!