John L. Perry's Newsmax.com column of September 29th on the "Obama Problem," titled Obama Risks a Domestic Military Intervention was so horrible and over-the-top, that it was pulled down shortly after it went up.
Newsmax scurried to distance itself from Perry, but clearly he and Newsmax are very deep. indeed.
Too bad for them - in the electronic age, tracks are not so easily covered. The full text can be found here and here and (leaving nothing to chance) here (via ConWebWatch).
Perry is not advocating the overthrow of the U.S. Government by force and violence. Far from it: he is cheerleading for a gentlemanly intervention by the officers of the U.S military. Hiding behind a statement like:
Describing what may be afoot is not to advocate it.
Is pretty lame when it is snugged up against:
That it has never happened doesn't mean it wont. . . . So, view the following through military eyes:
Perry's idiocy* is amazing:
- America's institutions and enterprises have not been "nationalized."
- President Obama has not, in any way, violated the Constitution.
- Nor is he responsible for our current economic plight.
- In fact, Obama's not even a LIBERAL, let alone a MARXIST.
Grrrrrr. This list is only a fragment. I have neither the stomach not the stamina to refute his absurd assertions point by point. Read his column and take on the mental exercise of doing it yourself.
* Or cynicism. Who can say for sure. Maybe he knows better, and takes his readers to be idiots. If so, for once, at least, he misunderestimated them.