Look: I am eager to learn stuff I don't know--which requires actively courting and posting smart disagreement.

But as you will understand, I don't like to post things that mischaracterize and are aimed to mislead.

-- Brad Delong

Copyright Notice

Everything that appears on this blog is the copyrighted property of somebody. Often, but not always, that somebody is me. For things that are not mine, I either have obtained permission, or claim fair use. Feel free to quote me, but attribute, please. My photos and poetry are dear to my heart, and may not be used without permission. Ditto, my other intellectual property, such as charts and graphs. I'm probably willing to share. Let's talk. Violators will be damned for all eternity to the circle of hell populated by Rosanne Barr, Mrs Miller [look her up], and trombonists who are unable play in tune. You cannot possibly imagine the agony. If you have a question, email me: jazzbumpa@gmail.com. I'll answer when I feel like it. Cheers!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Department of Huh?!?

This is kind of a What the Hell?!? post, but I couldn't wait until Friday.

The sole black Republican Party district chairman in Arizona resigned from his post in the wake of Saturday's shooting, citing threats from the Tea Party faction and concerns for his family's safety

This is beyond schendenfreude.  The Rethugs - or at least the extremest faction - is willing to eat their own - or at least frighten them into running for the hills.  I speculated about the future of the Rethug party the week Obama was elected president.  I had very low expectations for the behavior of the Right, but they have underachieved in a way that is nothing sort of stunning.

Sort of blows the whole Conservatives Are Not Responsible Theory.

Now, if you were to say, Conservatives are IRRESPONSIBLE, that would be a different story.

H/T to the LW.
.

No comments: