Look: I am eager to learn stuff I don't know--which requires actively courting and posting smart disagreement.

But as you will understand, I don't like to post things that mischaracterize and are aimed to mislead.

-- Brad Delong

Copyright Notice

Everything that appears on this blog is the copyrighted property of somebody. Often, but not always, that somebody is me. For things that are not mine, I either have obtained permission, or claim fair use. Feel free to quote me, but attribute, please. My photos and poetry are dear to my heart, and may not be used without permission. Ditto, my other intellectual property, such as charts and graphs. I'm probably willing to share. Let's talk. Violators will be damned for all eternity to the circle of hell populated by Rosanne Barr, Mrs Miller [look her up], and trombonists who are unable play in tune. You cannot possibly imagine the agony. If you have a question, email me: jazzbumpa@gmail.com. I'll answer when I feel like it. Cheers!

Friday, May 7, 2010

What the Hell? Friday -- Employment -- UP! Unemployment -- UP?!?

Read all about it.

Here at AB - with Graphs.

Here at Econospeak, with brief commentary.

Here at Plain Blog with political analysis.

Here at Washington Monthly, with the best Bush to Obama comparison - in Color!

How can both numbers rise at the same time?  More people entering (or re-entering) the work force results in a bigger pie, so both slices can grow at the same time.  

Mmmmmmm -- pie!

2 comments:

Cirze said...

I like pie.

And that's the only good thing about your info today.

But don't let the MSM know.

Oh . . . wait . . . they know!

But they are not dwelling on it.

Ha!

I wondered if anyone was actually going to deal with what this means for the long term when I heard it this morning.

Guess not.

S
__________

Dan Crawford said...

Good morning jazz. Welcome aboard.

Dan (aka Rdan)