Look: I am eager to learn stuff I don't know--which requires actively courting and posting smart disagreement.

But as you will understand, I don't like to post things that mischaracterize and are aimed to mislead.

-- Brad Delong

Copyright Notice

Everything that appears on this blog is the copyrighted property of somebody. Often, but not always, that somebody is me. For things that are not mine, I either have obtained permission, or claim fair use. Feel free to quote me, but attribute, please. My photos and poetry are dear to my heart, and may not be used without permission. Ditto, my other intellectual property, such as charts and graphs. I'm probably willing to share. Let's talk. Violators will be damned for all eternity to the circle of hell populated by Rosanne Barr, Mrs Miller [look her up], and trombonists who are unable play in tune. You cannot possibly imagine the agony. If you have a question, email me: jazzbumpa@gmail.com. I'll answer when I feel like it. Cheers!

Friday, May 21, 2010

Weekend Funnies

Here are three musical jokes my grandchildren told me recently.

#1.  A Vienna musician walked through Währing cemetery shortly after  Beethoven's death.  He was surprised to hear a strange musical sound, which he quickly recognized as Beethoven's 9th Symphony, but backwards.  Even stranger, the music seemed to be flowing, not from the grave, but back into it.

The next day, he had a similar experience with the 8th Symphony.  This continued for several days.  On the day of the 1st Symphony he approached the cemetery custodian to ask about these strange events.

"Not really so strange," was the reply.  "You see, he's decomposing."

#2.  What music did the Pink panther hear when he stepped on an ant hill?

Dead ant -- dead ant -- dead ant, dead ant, dead ant . . .  

#3.  Where does the Lone Ranger take his trash?

To the dump, to the dump, to the dump, dump dump . . .

For more Weekend Funnies, Click here.

4 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Cute!!! I like the 3rd one....too funny. And decomposing...that's a hoot.

My Weekend funnies are posted now...hope you can stop by. Just scroll down below the bird photo and you're there.

Unknown said...

I like all three...but I love the last two...hahahahaha..
greaaaat Job!
Have you a great weekend.
your grandkids are adorable...
hugs
shakira

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

all are funny!
Happy Sunday!

quilly said...

Those last two are grade school staples. As an elementary teacher I would have them told to me 4-5 times every years. They still make me smile.

http://quilldancer.com/2010/05/20/weekend-funnies-bow-wow/