Look: I am eager to learn stuff I don't know--which requires actively courting and posting smart disagreement.

But as you will understand, I don't like to post things that mischaracterize and are aimed to mislead.

-- Brad Delong

Copyright Notice

Everything that appears on this blog is the copyrighted property of somebody. Often, but not always, that somebody is me. For things that are not mine, I either have obtained permission, or claim fair use. Feel free to quote me, but attribute, please. My photos and poetry are dear to my heart, and may not be used without permission. Ditto, my other intellectual property, such as charts and graphs. I'm probably willing to share. Let's talk. Violators will be damned for all eternity to the circle of hell populated by Rosanne Barr, Mrs Miller [look her up], and trombonists who are unable play in tune. You cannot possibly imagine the agony. If you have a question, email me: jazzbumpa@gmail.com. I'll answer when I feel like it. Cheers!

Friday, October 29, 2010

Quote of the Day

Today's entry is from the almost unbelievably loathsome Mitch McConnell.

MCCONNELL: The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.

This is so horrible, even Joe Scarborough can't stomach it.




Obama must fail - this is so much more important than the economy, unemployment, war, deteriorating infrastructure, or any other god-damned thing you can think of.  This is what you should be thinking about when IF you go to vote.

Krugman adds:

We might add that should any Republicans in Congress find themselves considering the possibility of acting in a statesmanlike, bipartisan manner, they’ll surely reconsider after looking over their shoulder at the Tea Party-types, who will jump on them if they show any signs of being reasonable. The role of the Tea Party is one reason smart observers expect another government shutdown, probably as early as next spring.

Impeachment won't be far behind.

We are SO screwed.
.

No comments: