Look: I am eager to learn stuff I don't know--which requires actively courting and posting smart disagreement.

But as you will understand, I don't like to post things that mischaracterize and are aimed to mislead.

-- Brad Delong

Copyright Notice

Everything that appears on this blog is the copyrighted property of somebody. Often, but not always, that somebody is me. For things that are not mine, I either have obtained permission, or claim fair use. Feel free to quote me, but attribute, please. My photos and poetry are dear to my heart, and may not be used without permission. Ditto, my other intellectual property, such as charts and graphs. I'm probably willing to share. Let's talk. Violators will be damned for all eternity to the circle of hell populated by Rosanne Barr, Mrs Miller [look her up], and trombonists who are unable play in tune. You cannot possibly imagine the agony. If you have a question, email me: jazzbumpa@gmail.com. I'll answer when I feel like it. Cheers!

Friday, April 27, 2012

Quotes of the Day, With a Dash of WTH?!?

A man must be orthodox upon most things, or he will never even have time to preach his own heresy.
-- G. K. Chesterton

Quoted by John Holbo, at CT, where (in comment #13) Jim Harrison adds:

 Rhetoric, after all, has always been about making the worse case defeat the better.

But (of course) I wholly misunderstand (you remember my definition of misunderstand) rhetoric.

3 comments:

yanmaneee said...

supreme clothing
air max 97
giannis shoes
louboutin shoes
kobe basketball shoes
yeezy
moncler
kyrie 5 shoes
balenciaga shoes
air jordan

mcreysme said...

replica bags uk replica hermes bags c4b90k1b00 replica bags and shoes replica bags for sale replica gucci bag r6d06z7v15 replica bags in gaffar market replica bags from turkey see here y5e32n0y83 replica bags and shoes

kousoez said...

h3w63v7s97 n0a54h5z81 y6n66a1y05 a0y89f1a60 k3q51p3t84 v8p83y7b28