Look: I am eager to learn stuff I don't know--which requires actively courting and posting smart disagreement.

But as you will understand, I don't like to post things that mischaracterize and are aimed to mislead.

-- Brad Delong

Copyright Notice

Everything that appears on this blog is the copyrighted property of somebody. Often, but not always, that somebody is me. For things that are not mine, I either have obtained permission, or claim fair use. Feel free to quote me, but attribute, please. My photos and poetry are dear to my heart, and may not be used without permission. Ditto, my other intellectual property, such as charts and graphs. I'm probably willing to share. Let's talk. Violators will be damned for all eternity to the circle of hell populated by Rosanne Barr, Mrs Miller [look her up], and trombonists who are unable play in tune. You cannot possibly imagine the agony. If you have a question, email me: jazzbumpa@gmail.com. I'll answer when I feel like it. Cheers!

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Big Illegal Alien Tax Derp

A friend sent me the link to this vid.  It's so full of po' white angst and big scary numbers.




My comment:

Without condoning any kind of tax fraud or other crime, I have to say I'm a lot less troubled about this money going to [what I assume to be] poor people in whatever country than I am about the even greater number of billions of dollars handed LEGALLY as tax rebates to filthy-rich, resource-polluting trans-national mega-corporations in the petroleum industry, and the huge number of other highly profitable corporations that pay little tax, or none at all - in part because of off-shore tax havens.

In all seriousness, 4.2 billion is a big scary number, but if you look at the problems that ought to be addressed by the U.S. in priority order, this probably wouldn't make the top 100.

And I have to suspect that the pasty-faced, oh-so-patriotic southern Indiana news hawks who put this together are more than a little bit influenced by the brownish skin of those who benefit from this situation.  Sorry, that's just ugly reality.   Meanwhile, too-big-to-fail lily-white bankers on Wall Street are robbing us blind every day.

When's the last time you saw a 6 minute news report video on that subject?
.

2 comments:

BadTux said...

I just did a back-of-envelope calculation to see how much illegals are paying in taxes in comparison to these illegal benefits. I came up with $30 Billion, assuming 20M illegals with an average family size of four and average family income of $30K and paying 20% total taxes between payroll and sales. If they illegally get $4.2B of that back as benefits.... (shrug). Not something I'm going to stay up at night worrying about, GE rips off taxpayers for that much each *week* by offshoring all their income then pretending they're losing money to get rebates back from the government.

- Badtux the Numbers Penguin

yanmaneee said...

off white clothing
giannis antetokounmpo shoes
supreme
nike off white
kd 10
jordan shoes
air jordan
kyrie 4 shoes
curry 6 shoes
nike sneakers