Look: I am eager to learn stuff I don't know--which requires actively courting and posting smart disagreement.

But as you will understand, I don't like to post things that mischaracterize and are aimed to mislead.

-- Brad Delong

Copyright Notice

Everything that appears on this blog is the copyrighted property of somebody. Often, but not always, that somebody is me. For things that are not mine, I either have obtained permission, or claim fair use. Feel free to quote me, but attribute, please. My photos and poetry are dear to my heart, and may not be used without permission. Ditto, my other intellectual property, such as charts and graphs. I'm probably willing to share. Let's talk. Violators will be damned for all eternity to the circle of hell populated by Rosanne Barr, Mrs Miller [look her up], and trombonists who are unable play in tune. You cannot possibly imagine the agony. If you have a question, email me: jazzbumpa@gmail.com. I'll answer when I feel like it. Cheers!

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

“Boy,” he shook his head, “Oh dear.”

Niall Ferguson, speaking for Neocon Economics, thinks that Obama's (overly timid in my view) Keynesian approach to the nation's economic woes is "the Soviet model."

DeLong points out Keynes' view of the Soviet model, in this excerpt (ellipses his) from Keynes' A Short View of Russia.

Vis: "I sympathize with those who seek for something good in Soviet Russia. But when we come to the actual thing what is one to say? For me... Red Russia holds too much which is detestable.... How can I admire a policy which finds a characteristic expression in spending millions to suborn spies in every family and group at home?... How can I accept a doctrine which sets up as its bible, above and beyond criticism, an obsolete text-book [Marx]"
____________________________________________________
____________________________________________________
Interpolated 5/21 Update: One ignorant right-wing meme is that federal spending - a la the stimulus plan - crowds out private sector investment. Krugman explains the reality.
____________________________________________________
____________________________________________________
Those who now call themselves "Conservatives" have nothing. No ethics, no correct (or even sensible) position on any issue, and no knowledge of history or any other aspect of the real world. They do not even have anything that approaches valid conservatism.
_____________________________________________________

Update (5/20/09 11:11 pm) It's actually "worse than I thought." Other than 4th grade level profanity*, I'm speechless.
___________________________________________________
* Nope. Not gonna do it.

No comments: