Look: I am eager to learn stuff I don't know--which requires actively courting and posting smart disagreement.

But as you will understand, I don't like to post things that mischaracterize and are aimed to mislead.

-- Brad Delong

Copyright Notice

Everything that appears on this blog is the copyrighted property of somebody. Often, but not always, that somebody is me. For things that are not mine, I either have obtained permission, or claim fair use. Feel free to quote me, but attribute, please. My photos and poetry are dear to my heart, and may not be used without permission. Ditto, my other intellectual property, such as charts and graphs. I'm probably willing to share. Let's talk. Violators will be damned for all eternity to the circle of hell populated by Rosanne Barr, Mrs Miller [look her up], and trombonists who are unable play in tune. You cannot possibly imagine the agony. If you have a question, email me: jazzbumpa@gmail.com. I'll answer when I feel like it. Cheers!

Friday, November 19, 2010

Republicans, All Wrong, All the Time, Pt. 20 -The Axis of Depression

Krugman explains why China, Germany, and the Repugnicants are acting as if they all HATE AMERICA.  (Emphasis added.)

So what’s really motivating the G.O.P. attack on the Fed? Mr. Bernanke and his colleagues were clearly caught by surprise, but the budget expert Stan Collender predicted it all. Back in August, he warned Mr. Bernanke that “with Republican policy makers seeing economic hardship as the path to election glory,” they would be “opposed to any actions taken by the Federal Reserve that would make the economy better.” In short, their real fear is not that Fed actions will be harmful, it is that they might succeed. 

Hence the axis of depression. No doubt some of Mr. Bernanke’s critics are motivated by sincere intellectual conviction, but the core reason for the attack on the Fed is self-interest, pure and simple. China and Germany want America to stay uncompetitive; Republicans want the economy to stay weak as long as there’s a Democrat in the White House. 

And if Mr. Bernanke gives in to their bullying, they may all get their wish.

Job 1 for the Rethugs is to make Obama fail.  If your job is destroyed, that's just collateral damage, and TOUGH SHIT!   Remember, they voted down unemployment benefits yesterday -- AGAIN!

I wasn't going to post this Carlin clip, but decided I might as well.  Cut through the foul language and the truth shines.   The topically relevant part starts around the 3 minute mark.  BTW - we're SCREWED!



Oh  -   All you idiots who pulled the lever for Rethugs in this past election - it's YOUR god-damned fault.
.

No comments: