Look: I am eager to learn stuff I don't know--which requires actively courting and posting smart disagreement.

But as you will understand, I don't like to post things that mischaracterize and are aimed to mislead.

-- Brad Delong

Copyright Notice

Everything that appears on this blog is the copyrighted property of somebody. Often, but not always, that somebody is me. For things that are not mine, I either have obtained permission, or claim fair use. Feel free to quote me, but attribute, please. My photos and poetry are dear to my heart, and may not be used without permission. Ditto, my other intellectual property, such as charts and graphs. I'm probably willing to share. Let's talk. Violators will be damned for all eternity to the circle of hell populated by Rosanne Barr, Mrs Miller [look her up], and trombonists who are unable play in tune. You cannot possibly imagine the agony. If you have a question, email me: jazzbumpa@gmail.com. I'll answer when I feel like it. Cheers!

Friday, November 19, 2010

Quote of the Day

From Ed at G&T.

Tom, please, I mean this sincerely: you need to find a new line of work. This is the dumbest argument I have ever seen, and I grade the work of 18 year old Georgia public high school graduates for a living.

Yikes!
.

8 comments:

nanute said...

I liked your comment as well. It reminded me of the joke about a kid being asked by his 5th grade teacher to make a sentence with the word beautiful.

Jazzbumpa said...

Hmmm. I don't think I know that one.

I do know the one with the word "urinate," though.

Cheers!
JzB

nanute said...

The kid says: My sister came home yesterday and told my parents she's pregnant. My father says, "beautiful, fucking beautiful."

Yours is: my sisters a 10, urninate?

Jazzbumpa said...

Teacher: "Billy, use urinate in a sentance."

Billy: (after a moment of intense concentration) "You're pretty cute, Teach. I'd say urinate. If you had bigger tits, you'd be a ten!"

Cheers!
JzB

Jazzbumpa said...

I'll probably be off line for the next day and a half.

Cheers!
JzB

nanute said...

Going on the road for a gig? I see you've got a trombone. Have you ever heard the "Live at the Sands" Sinatra recording? See you when you get back.

Jazzbumpa said...

No. Gig on Monday, though.

Funeral home today, sadly.

On a brighter note, we're seeing one of the granddaughters in a play this evening.

U of M game with my son-in-law tomorrow, which might also be sad.

Other performances on Dec 10 and 13.

Cheers!
JzB

nanute said...

My condolences. (Not on the UM game.) Thanks for posting the Chairman of the Board. Great arranging by Quincy Jones. Have a great time at the game. Ciao