Look: I am eager to learn stuff I don't know--which requires actively courting and posting smart disagreement.

But as you will understand, I don't like to post things that mischaracterize and are aimed to mislead.

-- Brad Delong

Copyright Notice

Everything that appears on this blog is the copyrighted property of somebody. Often, but not always, that somebody is me. For things that are not mine, I either have obtained permission, or claim fair use. Feel free to quote me, but attribute, please. My photos and poetry are dear to my heart, and may not be used without permission. Ditto, my other intellectual property, such as charts and graphs. I'm probably willing to share. Let's talk. Violators will be damned for all eternity to the circle of hell populated by Rosanne Barr, Mrs Miller [look her up], and trombonists who are unable play in tune. You cannot possibly imagine the agony. If you have a question, email me: jazzbumpa@gmail.com. I'll answer when I feel like it. Cheers!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Dollars to Euros

I may have more to say about this later.  For now, here is a historical look at the Dollar to Euro exchange rate, from every graphers best friend, FRED, at the St. Louis Fed.



The dollar lost ground between the two most recent recessions.  Now it is strengthening, though in a rather choppy sort of way.  My prediction is that the dollar will continue to gain for at least another year or two, and eventually hit a bottom no higher than about $1:05 per Euro.  The next leg down for the Euro is just beginning.
.

No comments: