Look: I am eager to learn stuff I don't know--which requires actively courting and posting smart disagreement.

But as you will understand, I don't like to post things that mischaracterize and are aimed to mislead.

-- Brad Delong

Copyright Notice

Everything that appears on this blog is the copyrighted property of somebody. Often, but not always, that somebody is me. For things that are not mine, I either have obtained permission, or claim fair use. Feel free to quote me, but attribute, please. My photos and poetry are dear to my heart, and may not be used without permission. Ditto, my other intellectual property, such as charts and graphs. I'm probably willing to share. Let's talk. Violators will be damned for all eternity to the circle of hell populated by Rosanne Barr, Mrs Miller [look her up], and trombonists who are unable play in tune. You cannot possibly imagine the agony. If you have a question, email me: jazzbumpa@gmail.com. I'll answer when I feel like it. Cheers!

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunday Music Blogging

Bondie and Greenie connect to bring us a rainbow song. (Sigh!)

No pigs is sight.

2 comments:

Clear Ayes said...

Hi Jazz,

Thanks for the invite to visit your blog.

I do remember your comment about the hope for an atheist President. I knew I'd like you then and there; not afraid to state an opinion and say it with humor.

I haven't read much by Hitchens, but I have seen him on TV and he seemed to be a pretty pompous disagreeable sort. I did read Dawkins' "The God Delusion" and thought he presented very well.

Over the years, I've attended several Christian churches, a couple of synagogues, a Unitarian church and a Church of Religious Science. I read their booklets and recommended Bible passages. I was totally willing to be persuaded. It didn't take. As the Tom Hanks character in "Angels and Demons" said, "Faith is a gift I have yet to receive". I'm not holding my breath and don't feel a lack.

WM, Windhover, Carol and I are still reeling from the 7:21 post around the corner....they all emailed me, gap-jawed and astounded. I had to laugh that it took Treefrog an hour to get up the nerve to be the next poster.

Jazzbumpa said...

C.A. -

Greetings and welcome. I stopped just short of announcing atheism at the corner. No point in gapping everyone else's jaws, I guess. That might be reason enough to not discuss religion there.

I've heard of Dawkins, but haven' read him.

One thing religion and politics have in common, IMHO, is that very few people come to their beliefs through any kind of a rational thought process. Those that do are far more likely to be progressives and skeptics.

In all seriousness, I've come to view conservatism as some sort of defect in thinking, character, or upbringing. And that refers to the good ones! Neocons, birthers, and wing nuts of all varieties, aren't even conservatives. They're just nuts.

Cheers!