Look: I am eager to learn stuff I don't know--which requires actively courting and posting smart disagreement.

But as you will understand, I don't like to post things that mischaracterize and are aimed to mislead.

-- Brad Delong

Copyright Notice

Everything that appears on this blog is the copyrighted property of somebody. Often, but not always, that somebody is me. For things that are not mine, I either have obtained permission, or claim fair use. Feel free to quote me, but attribute, please. My photos and poetry are dear to my heart, and may not be used without permission. Ditto, my other intellectual property, such as charts and graphs. I'm probably willing to share. Let's talk. Violators will be damned for all eternity to the circle of hell populated by Rosanne Barr, Mrs Miller [look her up], and trombonists who are unable play in tune. You cannot possibly imagine the agony. If you have a question, email me: jazzbumpa@gmail.com. I'll answer when I feel like it. Cheers!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wednesday Poetry Blogging




Today, two haiku for you, of space and time.

In honor of the above diagram*:

Love of Geometry


Platonic solids
Having no concavities
Can only be friends.




And, at no extra charge:



Travel Times


I've seen Dublin twice,
Thrace thrice; make repeated trips
To WallaWalla.

_________________________
*From this website,
http://www.uwsp.edu/geo/projects/geoweb/participants/dutch/PETROLGY/PaulingsRules.htm
 which is actually about chemistry.
But, then again, isn't everything? 
Or is it just a-Pauling?

2 comments:

Clear Ayes said...

Hi Jazzbumpa,

Another pair of fine haikus.

I can't help it, but my mind often makes literary or show biz links. After reading Travel Times, I immediately thought of the lines from A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum. Silly stuff, I know.

Philia: That’s the brute who raped my country, Thrace!
Pseudolus: He raped Thrace?
Philia: And then he came and did it again! And then again!
Pseudolus: He raped Thrace thrice?

Jazzbumpa said...

C. A.

I'm a big fan of silly stuff - as you might have noticed.

I don't think I ever saw FORUM. There is so much missing from my edjumacation.

I came up with "Thrace thrice" whilst cleaning the carpet. Mindless tasks can be so liberating.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers!
JzB the 17 syllable trombonist