Look: I am eager to learn stuff I don't know--which requires actively courting and posting smart disagreement.

But as you will understand, I don't like to post things that mischaracterize and are aimed to mislead.

-- Brad Delong

Copyright Notice

Everything that appears on this blog is the copyrighted property of somebody. Often, but not always, that somebody is me. For things that are not mine, I either have obtained permission, or claim fair use. Feel free to quote me, but attribute, please. My photos and poetry are dear to my heart, and may not be used without permission. Ditto, my other intellectual property, such as charts and graphs. I'm probably willing to share. Let's talk. Violators will be damned for all eternity to the circle of hell populated by Rosanne Barr, Mrs Miller [look her up], and trombonists who are unable play in tune. You cannot possibly imagine the agony. If you have a question, email me: jazzbumpa@gmail.com. I'll answer when I feel like it. Cheers!

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

This is What We Are Up Against

Anyone thinking about voting for a Repugnicant this fall - or EVER, for that matter, must first first have a look at this chart.

And then consider the words incoherent babbling of the idiot John Kyl.

You do need to offset the cost of increased spending. And that’s what Republicans object to. But you should never have to offset cost of a deliberate decision to reduce tax rates on Americans.

Even if this were decipherable, it still wouldn't make any sense.

But the invincibly ignorant Mitch McConnell agrees.

[T]here’s no evidence whatsoever that the Bush tax cuts actually diminished revenue. They increased revenue, because of the vibrancy of these tax cuts in the economy. So I think what Senator Kyl was expressing was the view of virtually every Republican on that subject.

The invincible ignorance of  "the vibrancy of these tax cuts in the economy" bears repeating.  Clink the last link and look at Krugman's charts.

And -- Every Repugnicant?  Really?

Oh.

H/T's to Krugman and Delong

I almost forgot to mention -- we are so screwed!

1 comment:

BadTux said...

In other words, Kyl's suggestion regarding the elderly is, "let them eat catfood". Hmm... and today is Bastille Day. Too bad Kyl doesn't know any history.

- Badtux the "Cake, anyone?" Penguin