Look: I am eager to learn stuff I don't know--which requires actively courting and posting smart disagreement.

But as you will understand, I don't like to post things that mischaracterize and are aimed to mislead.

-- Brad Delong

Copyright Notice

Everything that appears on this blog is the copyrighted property of somebody. Often, but not always, that somebody is me. For things that are not mine, I either have obtained permission, or claim fair use. Feel free to quote me, but attribute, please. My photos and poetry are dear to my heart, and may not be used without permission. Ditto, my other intellectual property, such as charts and graphs. I'm probably willing to share. Let's talk. Violators will be damned for all eternity to the circle of hell populated by Rosanne Barr, Mrs Miller [look her up], and trombonists who are unable play in tune. You cannot possibly imagine the agony. If you have a question, email me: jazzbumpa@gmail.com. I'll answer when I feel like it. Cheers!

Sunday, August 1, 2010

What Bob Cesca says . . .

is to "circulate this graph everywhere."

Seems like a good idea to me.


Cesca also says:

It turns out that allowing the Bush tax cuts to expire will only hurt people earning more than $300,000 per year. And it appears as if keeping the Bush tax cuts in place would force people earning $60-150,000 to pay slightly more.

H/T to Southern Beale, extending the chain.

Now, go post this on your blog.

Seriously - what are you waiting for?
.

2 comments:

J said...

Cesca sort of gets it (actually he usually just blesses ObamaCo)--but see my blog for an interesting proposal on taxing the very rich.

According to some progressive econo-men we need to revoke the current tax brackets (which Reagan initiated) and return to something like the earlier, more complex brackets, where say very wealthy individuals (millionaires+) were taxed at higher rates (substantially higher) than just moderately wealthy ($250,000+). It's a bit weird that say billionaires pay no more in taxes-- per capita as the frat-boy economists say--than a successful doctor in town making 300 grand a year or so (what is it, about 45% on both--the Dr shouldn't be taxed much more, but the rates should 75% on the ueberwealthy).

And when someone reaches obscenely wealthy levels such as Warren Buffett or Billy Gates levels, the Feds just seize their cash and asssets.

Jazzbumpa said...

I'm not a regular Cesca reader, and saw this at Beal's place.

I wouldn't go so far as to just seize asstes . . . yet!

But steeply progressive taxation, on both income and inheritance is vitally important to avoid or undue the kind of wealth disparity we now have.

Thanks for the comment.

Cheers!
JzB